Dr. Hanen Gharbi
Department of Economics
Dr. Hanen is a lecturer with 8 years of academic experience at international Universities such as Université Paris –Sorbonne, Université Paris XII Creteil and Université d’Angers in France. She has also taught a wide range of courses in UAE (Canadian University in Dubai, Synergy University in Dubai) and Tunisian universities. Dr. Hanen’ s fields of expertise are Monetary Economics, International Macroeconomics and Exchange Rate Regimes. Dr. Hanen worked also as an economist in a consulting company in Dubai.
- in Economics, Université Paris Dauphine, France, 2012.
- in International Economics and Finance, Université Paris Dauphine, France, 2000.
- In Economics, University of Tunis III, Tunisia, 1999.
Areas of research
- Exchange rate regimes and currency crisis in the emerging market.
- Exchange rate management and monetary policy.
- Foreign exchange reserve accumulation and currency wars.
- Exchange rate management in emerging markets: lessons of recent experiences. La Revue de l’OFCE N° 95 / October 2005.
- Fear of appreciation and inflation targeting: the emerging economies dilemmas, 2013. 9th International Business and Social Science Research Conference, World Business Institute, Dubai.
- Outlook for the Egyptian pound, end of year forecast and Foreign exchange reserves scenarios.
- Egypt’s social spending policy: a comparative analysis
Monthly report, September 2014, Geopolicity.
- Analysis of the Egyptian economy vulnerabilities: debt sustainability and foreign reserves sufficiency. Annual report, 2014, Geopolicity.