Topic A: New Media creates a new environment for evolving Business Models. The understanding of important elements of successful Business Models for inclusion in a Business Plan are important first steps to set-up a New Media Company. This unit shows how to attract capital to new Business Models, including
- Financial Environment
- Development of a Business Model
- Creation of a Business Plan
- Presentation of a Business Model
- Preparation for funding
Topic B: For the creation of a Business Model and the successful realization of a Business Plan in the field of New Media basic know-how of intellectual property rights is essential. This unit presents all key topics, including
- Definition of New Media and legal terminology
- Purpose of IP Rights and their advantages and disadvantages
- Specific IP-rights (e.g. trademark law, patent law, copyright law, etc.)
- Contractual basics (Transfer of IP-rights, Legal basics for IP and license contracts, Negotiations)
Topic A: Discuss critical success factors for the development of a Business Model, creation of a Business Plan and presentation of a Business Model to relevant parties of the financial community in order to raise funds.
Topic B: Define and discuss diverse Intellectual Property Rights and their scope in the field of New Media. Understand how to deal with the protection and a possible infringement of your company's IP rights. Develop know-how with regard to IP- and license contracts/negotiations and the commercial/legal value of IP rights for a Business Model / Plan.
Interactive seminar. Students are expected to actively contribute, to present business ideas and give feedback. Concepts of the topics will be introduced along with real-world Business Models in the technology field and legal environment.