The 3-year BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program is the perfect choice for high school graduates (A-level degree, Matura, Abitur, or equivalent) who have already gained practical education in the tourism and hospitality industry prior to entering the program (via apprenticeship, vocational school, associate degrees, etc.). The Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management is also an excellent choice for students without prior practical education in the tourism and hospitality sector if their primary focus is to pursue a career in tourism businesses and organizations or related industries rather than a career in the hotel or food service industry.
The Curriculum of the Bachelor Program
The BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program covers general business administration and managerial knowledge including human resources, marketing, finance, business informatics, economics and financial management, law and communication as well as courses specifically focused on tourism and hospitality management. The values based educational concept with individual mentoring sharpens the students’ critical thinking capacities and enables them to systematically assess the working activities of a manager. Courses on current trends in the tourism and hospitality industry keep students on top of recent developments. A compulsory internship of 450 hours (approximately 3 months) during the BBA program enables students to gain first-hand practical experience in a national or international company.
Customizable Bachelor Program
The bachelor program provides students with a high degree of flexibility in designing their own curriculum based upon their future career goals. Enrichment courses covering special tourism segments (i.e. aviation, meetings & events, health and wellness, etc) or certain management areas (i.e. strategic hotel management, revenue management, sustainable tourism, etc) provide students with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge in a specific field. Furthermore, students have the choice between writing a bachelor thesis (recommended for students who consider entering a master program after graduation) or taking additional courses in advanced tourism and hospitality management or completing an additional internship of 450 hours. Students also have the opportunity to study abroad at one of MODUL’s prestigious partner universities.
All courses are taught in English.
MODUL’s faculty includes leading international academics and professionals. The wide variety of nationalities among faculty and students provide the basis for the exciting intercultural life on campus.
What MODUL has to offer:
- A study program with a focus on the tourism and hospitality industry with an emphasis on innovative subjects such as information communication technology and sustainable management.
- A study program with an emphasis on quality and the personal development of its students thanks to MODUL University has an excellent student - lecturer ratio.
- Lecture series and events with a broad variety of top managers of the industry.
- Lecturers with proven practical and international experience.
- A no-distance learning experience in highly interactive classrooms.
- A university that promotes global citizenship and engages its students in social activities with the objective to make them responsible leaders and stewards for a better world.
- An international and multicultural student cohort where intercultural aspects can be reflected and discussed on a daily basis.
- Exchange cooperation with leading universities around the world to provide the opportunity for students to study abroad.
- A large top-class international network of industry contacts of the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Dubai Investments Industries
- MODUL career as the hub for starting a career in the international tourism and hospitality industry.
The BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management allows enrollments in September and February.
- Duration of studies: 3 years (6 semesters) as a full-time student
- Academic year: divided into fall and spring semesters
- Program start: mid-September and beginning of March
- The curriculum is comprised of mandatory core courses as well as a range of enrichment courses in advanced tourism and hospitality management. Students must take at least 2 enrichment courses.
- Internship: all students need to complete a 450-hour internship.
- Students also have a choice between writing a bachelor thesis, taking 3 additional courses in advanced tourism and hospitality management, or conducting an additional 450 hour internship
- Excellent student-to-lecturer ratio: study program with emphasis on quality and personal development of its students
- State-of-the-art pedagogical concept with interactive lectures and seminars which also focus on soft skills and leadership abilities
- Lecture series and events with a broad variety of top managers from the industry
- Innovative mentoring system developed together with industry leaders
- Language of instruction: English; additional foreign language courses are offered through the MU Language Program.
- International and multicultural student and faculty body which reflects international management practices
- Maximum number of students admitted per year: 90
- Additional qualifications: graduates of the BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program are entitled to establish and operate a business in the hotel and restaurant industry in Austria. Graduates are also entitled to establish and operate a travel agency if they have at least one year of work experience in the tourism industry after graduation.
- Location: MODUL University Vienna (Am Kahlenberg 1, 1190 Vienna, Austria)
For any questions regarding the admissions procedure please contact the Admissions Officer.