Awards and Recognition
- Member of the Tourism Society Tourism Consultants Network, UK
- Member of AIEST International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism
- Expert and Auditor at UNWTO Ted.Qual (UNWTO Tourism Education Quality Certification Programme)
- UNWTO Consultant for tourism policy and strategy, national level tourism human resources development and tourism education projects since 1998
- Tourism and Hospitality (specifically covering the Middle East region)
- Crisis Management
List of Publications
- Riley, M and Szivas, E. (2015) Luxury and Innovation: Towards an Evaluative Framework. Research in Hospitality Management. 147-152.
- Ladkin, A and Szivas, E. (2015) Green Jobs and Employment in Tourism. In: Veddy, M. V. and Wilkes K. (editors) Tourism in the Green Economy. Routledge.
- Stylidis D, Biran A, Sit J, Szivas E. (2014) Residents’ Support for Tourism Development: The Role of Residents’ Place Image and Perceived Tourism Impacts. Tourism Management. 45(2014) 260-274.
- Bartalos, S and Szivas E (2013) Green tourism certification in the UAE – Why to Implement? Published by Arab Forum for Environment and Development (AFED).