Prof. Dr. Jörg Finsinger has been active in the world of academia since 1982 and prior to joining MODUL University Dubai has held the Chair of Financial Services Research as well as the Chair of Public Economics at the University of Vienna. Previously, Prof. Dr. Jörg Finsinger held professorial positions at the University of Bern, University of Lüneburg, University of California, Tongij University in Shanghai, University of Miami, and University of Hohenheim- Stuttgart. He is also a member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, member of the Academy of Insurance, cofounder of the Finance and Ethics Academy in Austria, holds board memberships in public and private institutions - and has been a consultant for Government organizations in Brussels, Bonn, New York, Bern and Vienna. Beside being a successful academician, he has been a part of Board of Directors for several companies: IT Warehouse AG, Sigma Investment AG, Hamburg, Smart Trader AG, Zollikon, Global FX United and a CEO of several companies.
- Board of Directors on several companies including IT Warehouse AG, Sigma Investment AG, Hamburg, Smart Trader AG, Zollikon, Global FX United
- Senior management positions in several financial and advisory firms in Europe
- Venia Docendi in Business Administration, University of Vienna, Austria
- Habilitation in Economics, University of Bern, Switzerland
- PhD, University of Bonn, Germany
- MSs in Mathematics, Ohio State University, USA
- BSs in Physics, Technical University Berlin, Germany