Dr. Edith M Szivas, a British national, is a leading international expert in the area of Tourism and Hospitality with the track record in strategy and development of over 25 years. Her involvement into a number of Governmental projects aimed at strategic development of the hospitality industry across several countries in Europe and Middle East. She is an author of numerous publications and also she is actively engaged into public speaking.
Dr. Szivas has a vast academic experience in the Universities of London, Surrey, Greenwich, Macau, and others. Her ongoing consultancy activity with the leading global organizations like UNWTO and USAID has made her contribution into development of the industry truly invaluable.
- Director, SeaStar Consultancy, UAE
- Senior Management positions at various financial, educational and hospitality institutions (Budapest Bank, University of Surrey, Jumeirah Group)
- PhD in Tourism Employment and Labour Market, University of Surrey, UK, 1997
- MSc in Tourism Planning and Development, University of Surrey, UK, 1994
- BSc in International Trade, Kulkereskedelmi Foiskola, Hungary, 1990